Next BISCC Monthly Meeting: 10:30am Wednesday 24 September 2014. Bribie RSL.
Internet & Email SIG meeting:
Next meeting: 3:00pm Tuesday 09 September 2014
Beginners: Next Meeting: 1:00pm Tuesday 02 September 2014.
Advanced: Next Meeting: 10:00am Thursday 11 September 2014.
Workshops - Geoff's Place
Treefrog Workshops - Colin's place
Tablets: More Tips and Tricks - For those with some previous experience. Wednesday September 10. 9:00am-12noon.
Digital Images: Using PhotoPlus X6 to fix photos and to breathe life into old or damaged photos. Wednesday September
Book a lesson at the August Meeting.
100 Useful Websites
- Computer Software, Seniors, Mac Stuff, Genealogy, Tutorials, Computer Help, Recreation, etc. (Including Archived
Photos from previous BISCC competitions)
Laptop Battery Calibration.
To Improve the life of your Laptop battery you should calibrate it regularly ( once a month!). To calibrate the battery on your Laptop,
you'll need to perform a full cycle through the battery's life.
- Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your Laptop's battery until the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
- Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours. You may use your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.
- Disconnect the power adapter while the computer still on and start running the computer off battery power. You may use your computer during this time. When your battery gets
low, the low battery warning dialog appears on the screen.
- At this point, save your work. Continue to use your computer; when the battery gets very low, the computer will automatically go to sleep.
- Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.
- Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.
Even though safe sleep mode will save any open files when your computer goes to sleep, it's a good idea to save everything and close your apps before it goes
Once you've run the calibration cycle, your computer will have a much better idea of how much power is really left in your battery.
is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird,
Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Spicebird, Songbird and Netscape profiles.
It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, passwords, cache etc.
Is your USB Flash Drive having unsafe connections?
To check: Plug Flash Drive in to computer - Navigate to (My) Computer - Right click on Removable Drive - "Scan with AVG or
your anti-virus software"